ISTAT News | 08 December 2020
REMINDER: ISTAT Board of Directors Nominations - 2021
TO: ISTAT Membership
FROM: John Vitale
ISTAT Nominating & Election Committee Chair
RE: ISTAT Board of Directors Nominations - 2021
The Nominating & Election Committee is accepting nominations for positions that will become available on the ISTAT Board of Directors in March 2021.
Nominees will be presented to the ISTAT membership via email in March of 2021 and will be voted upon via an electronic process. The official voting period will be provided at a later date.
Four (4) nominees will be elected to the board and will serve from March 2021 until March 2025.
- Per the ISTAT Bylaws, nominees must be a member of ISTAT in good standing for at least the past two years prior to the start of the annual meeting or for at least 80% of the days of the three consecutive calendar years immediately preceding the start of the annual meeting.
- Strong partnership within the ISTAT community. Members who have attended conferences and functions, volunteered on various committees and/or participated as planners or speakers at ISTAT events are preferred candidates.
- Attendance at four (4) Board Meetings per year (removal from board if three (3) consecutive board meetings are missed). Meetings are normally held at ISTAT conferences and/or at locations and dates as determined by the board. While strongly discouraged, telephonic participation is acceptable if one is unable to attend in person.
- Active participation on committees including securing speakers and sponsors for conferences, events and special projects; moderating panel discussions at conferences; assisting with recruiting and retaining members; participation in setting board policy and assuring the goals and objectives of ISTAT are achieved.
How to Apply:
- Submit a letter of intent to run for a director position. This letter must not exceed one (1) page in length and should enumerate your qualifications/ accomplishments.
- Submit a biographical sketch.
- Submissions must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 Dec 2020.
- Questions or comments should be directed to ISTAT Nominating & Election Committee Chairman John Vitale at John.Vitale@avitas.com or the ISTAT Executive Director Guilherme Lopes at email@example.com.